The call for proposals under Phase 2 of the Green Freight Assessment Program is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
NRCan will provide cost-sharing contributions up to $100,000 to help fleets implement fuel saving and fuel switching technologies resulting from their assessment recommendations.
For this initiative, NRCan will provide up to 50% of the funding towards fuel reducing technologies and/or up to 50% of the incremental value of a vehicle that utilizes lower carbon fuels. Participating companies will be responsible for contributing the remaining 50% which can include cash contributions, in-kind contributions (e.g. installation, training, etc.) or contributions from other sources of funding.
The Green Freight Implementation Phase will help companies offset the upfront cost and risk of investing in fuel reducing activities. Recommendations received through a freight assessment will help companies make data-driven investment decisions, resulting in greater savings and reducing their overall environmental impact.
In order to receive funding, NRCan’s portion of the total project cost must be incurred and paid prior to March 31st. 2020.
- Class type includes medium (Class 5,6) to heavy duty (Class 7, 8a, 8b) vehicles
- Applicants must have completed a green freight assessment within the last 12 months as of submitting their application. This includes both, self-funded third party assessments and NRCan funded third party assessment through GFAP.
- Applicants must show proof of engagement with a supplier through quotes
- Applicants must show proof of financial stability and technology readiness
- An eligible company’s head office must be located and it must operate in Canada.
The second Call for Proposals under Green Freight Implementation is now closed.