About the Awards
Celebrating ENERGY STAR® achievements
The ENERGY STAR Canada Awards recognize ENERGY STAR Participants in Canada that have demonstrated excellence in promoting the most energy-efficient products and new homes available on the market in Canada.
Organizations that have signed a Participant Arrangement with ENERGY STAR Canada and are in good standing are eligible to apply for one or more awards.
A Note on COVID-19 and the 2021 ENERGY STAR Canada Awards
Natural Resources Canada recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting individuals and organizations across all sectors of our global economy. Please be assured that we will take these unique circumstances into consideration when reviewing applications for the 2021 ENERGY STAR Canada Awards. As always, we encourage our Participants to apply for a 2021 award. However, for those who feel they are unable to apply for a 2021 ENERGY STAR Canada Award due to circumstances caused by the pandemic, a lapse in recognition in 2021 will not be counted against your history of consecutive ENERGY STAR Canada awards earned in the next (2022) application cycle.
To request an application form, click on the name of the award below. We will send you a form and detailed instructions by email within two business days.
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – Appliances
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – Commercial Products
- Manufacturer/ Product Brand Owner – Electronics
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – Fenestration Products
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – HVAC Products
- Manufacturer/ Product Brand Owner – Lighting Products
- Retailer – National and Regional
- Utility / Program Administrator – Provincial and Regional
- Promotional Campaign of the Year
- Promoter – ENERGY STAR Most Efficient
- Recruit (nominations are put forth by ENERGY STAR Canada)
- Sustained Excellence (nominations are put forth by ENERGY STAR Canada)
- Special Recognition (nominations are put forth by ENERGY STAR Canada)
New Homes awards:
- Small builder: A single entity building (1-49) homes built in 2020
- Mid-size builder: A single entity building (50-249) homes built in 2020
- Large builder: A single entity building (250 or more) homes built in 2020
Please visit our Awards Descriptions page for more information about each award.
Submitting your application
Applications and supporting material are to be submitted by email to email@example.com between January 7, 2021 and March 5, 2021. All application forms and supporting material must be sent by midnight EST on March 5, 2021. NRCan will not accept any applications after that date.
An email acknowledging your submission will be sent within two business days.
ENERGY STAR Canada reserves the right to withhold any of the award categories.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: