The ENERGY STAR® in Canada Annual Report highlights the yearly activities and achievements of this voluntary government-industry partnership. The reports chronicle the ongoing success story of leading Canadians to energy efficiency.
2016 ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report
Read the ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report 2016 [PDF - 1.89 MB].
- We marked our 15th anniversary with the launch of ENERGY STAR Canada Twitter and Facebook accounts, and the creation of the first ENERGY STAR Day in Canada (the fourth Tuesday of each October).
- ENERGY STAR prevented 532,900 tonnes of GHG emissions, the same as taking 190,321 cars off the road for a year.
- Six new products joined the ENERGY STAR family: commercial boilers, commercial coffee makers, EV chargers, laboratory-grade fridges and freezers, large network equipment, and smart thermostats.
- 47 million ENERGY STAR certified products were sold in 70 product categories.
- 16,400 Canadian buildings are having their energy usage benchmarked through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, including 185 million square metres of floor space, representing more than one in five buildings.
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager added a sixth building type eligible for an ENERGY STAR score in Canada: senior care communities and residential care communities.
- 7,500+ ENERGY STAR certified New Homes were constructed.
- Energy efficiency improved 25% between 1990 and 2014, and helped Canadians save $38.5 billion
2015 ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report
Read the ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report 2015 [PDF - 1.6 MB]. Highlights include:
The ENERGY STAR brand continued to grow in Canada in 2015, including a new product eligible for certification – clothes dryers. In its 10th anniversary year, the ENERGY STAR for New Homes program continued to play a key role in moving the housing sector in Canada towards energy savings, with almost 9,000 homes built and labelled this year alone. Also new in 2015, Canadians can now find certified products that are available in Canada using the US ENERGY STAR Product finder in both official languages.
2014 ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report
Read the ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report 2014 [PDF - 2.057 MB].
This report welcomes a powerful new Participant in ENERGY STAR Canada, the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA), and details the first-year results of the Canadian adaptation of the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager online benchmarking tool for energy performance in commercial and institutional buildings.
2013 ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report
Read the ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report 2013 [PDF - 1.6 MB].
This report features alignment with the U.S. ENERGY STAR program and new research that 88 percent of Canadians surveyed say ENERGY STAR is the most useful tool they have to help them be energy-efficient.
2011-2012 ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report
Read the ENERGY STAR in Canada Annual Report 2011-2012 [PDF - 2.5 MB].
This first ENERGY STAR Annual Report describes the success of the initiative since its introduction into Canada in 2002.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: