Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) recognizes the most energy efficient Canadian facilities with ENERGY STAR® for Industry certification.
Industrial facilities located in Canada can earn ENERGY STAR certification and display the ENERGY STAR symbol, similar to those seen on appliances and electronics in the marketplace.
Use ENERGY STAR Energy Performance Indicators (EPIs) to help benchmark your facility’s energy performance against similar facilities in your industry in Canada and the United States, generating a score on a scale of 1 to 100.
Is my facility eligible?
To be eligible for ENERGY STAR for Industry certification, a facility must:
- register as a Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) Leader
- satisfy the facility description in their industry-specific EPI
- score 75 or higher using the current version of their industry-specific EPI
- satisfy environmental compliance criteria:
- federal compliance: no violations in the past 12 months, including criminal convictions, of federal air quality regulations under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) as reported in Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Environmental Offenders Registry
- provincial/territorial compliance: no violations in the past 12 months, including criminal convictions, of provincial or territorial air quality regulations where the facility is located
EPIs available to Canadian industry
- commercial bakeries
- automobile assembly facilities
- automobile engine facilities
- automobile transmission facilities
- integrated steel mills
EPIs for other industrial sectors are under development.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times apply only to properly completed applications submitted by email.
Our standard is to process 80% of applications within 30 business days.
There are currently no delays in processing applications. The current application processing time is less than 30 days.
How do I apply?
It’s easy and confidential.
Contact ENERGY STAR for Industry in Canada to request application information.
What else can I do?
Challenge your facility to reduce its energy intensity. Participate in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.
Certified facilities registry
The certified facilities registry lists Canada’s top industrial energy performers registered under NRCan’s ENERGY STAR for Industry certification. These facilities have scored 75 or higher using their sector EPI to compare their energy performance with that of similar facilities.
We look forward to adding your facility to the list. Contact us to start the application process.
|Facility||Company||Sector||City||Province / Territory||Certification Year|
|ACE Applewood||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Concord||Ontario||2018|
|MHB Bowness||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Calgary||Alberta||2018|
|MHB PreBake||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Regina||Saskatchewan||2018|
|WBL Amherst||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Amherst||Nova Scotia||2018|
|WBL Concord||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Concord||Ontario||2018|
|WBL Gatineau||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Gatineau||Quebec||2018|
|WBL Haddad||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Vaughan||Ontario||2018|
|WBL Kingston||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Kingston||Ontario||2018|
|WBL Kitchener||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Kitchener||Ontario||2018|
|WBL Napierville||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Napierville||Quebec||2018|
|WBL Sudbury||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Sudbury||Ontario||2018|
|WBL Winnipeg||Weston Foods (Canada) Inc.||Commercial baking||Winnipeg||Manitoba||2018|
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.