Buying ENERGY STAR certified products
Save energy, save money and protect the planet
The ENERGY STAR® symbol is a consumer icon in the Canadian marketplace. It instantly identifies products and homes that have been certified as energy efficient.
There are many reasons to buy ENERGY STAR certified products:
- Save time: The ENERGY STAR symbol is a short-cut to finding the top energy performers when you’re shopping for products.
- Save energy: They are typically in the top 15 to 30 percent of their class for energy performance.
- Save money: Cutting your energy usage means lowering your electricity bills, leaving you more money to spend on other things.
- Save the environment: It is an easy way to reduce the amount of energy you use, thereby reducing the amount of greenhouse gas emissions in the atmosphere.
- Tested and certified: You can be sure you are getting a product whose energy use is as claimed, because certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency standards and certified by an independent third party.
- High quality: Certification also ensures they perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
How to find ENERGY STAR certified products
When you’re shopping, look for the ENERGY STAR symbol. It usually appears in cyan blue and white, or black and white (see the “certification mark” to the right, which means a product is ENERGY STAR certified). You’ll find the symbol on products or their packaging, as part of an EnerGuide label, in product literature, and in advertising, promotional or online material from Participants.
You can also search for certified products using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder. (Note: you will be redirected to our shared certified product listing on the U.S. ENERGY STAR website. Click “Canada” as your market)
How to find ENERGY STAR certified homes
- Date modified: