Coming Soon: Ontario Homeowners – Beginning January 2023, new applicants in Ontario will only be able to apply for the Canada Greener Homes Grant through Enbridge. Until then, Ontario homeowners can continue using the Canada Greener Homes Grant portal for new and existing applications.Learn more about the initiative before you apply.
Step 4. Post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation
To be eligible for the Canada Greener Homes Grant, you must complete the entire retrofit journey.
After the retrofits are complete, you must book your post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation.
Schedule a post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation
After the retrofits are complete, contact your service organization or energy advisor to schedule a post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation.
The post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation shows how much energy has been saved and how much greenhouse gas emissions are reduced because of the retrofits.
Costs of your home evaluations
The homeowner is responsible to pay up front for the post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation.
Your second evaluation may have a different cost than your first one. You can get up to $600 as a maximum contribution for the combined costs of the two evaluations.
- You must pay up front for the evaluations.
- The maximum grant amount for the two evaluations may not cover the full cost.
- You will not receive the Pre-Retrofit Assessment grant unless you complete the full Canada Greener Homes Grant process.
After the post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation, you must confirm that this step has been completed by using the Canada Greener Homes Grant portal before you move onto the next step and request your grant.
Canada Greener Homes Initiative
- Grants from $125 to $5,000 to get a part of your costs back for eligible home retrofits.
- Up to $600 as a maximum contribution towards the total costs of your pre and post retrofit EnerGuide home evaluations.
- Interest-free Loan: up to $40,000, with a repayment term of 10 years
We strive to create and maintain a service experience where everyone is treated with dignity, decency and respect. If there is an opportunity for us to improve in any of these areas, please let us know.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (Eastern time)
- Phone: 1-833-674-8282
- TTY: 1-800-465-7735
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-866-292-9517
- Email: Questions@cghli.ca
Follow @NRCan for the latest updates
- Date modified: