Eligible products for my home retrofit
Some retrofits under the Canada Greener Homes Grant require that you choose an eligible product from the approved list.
The following must be selected from the eligible product list if applicable to your recommended retrofits:
- Windows and doors
- Heat Pumps
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Gas-fired boilers (for northern and off-grid communities only)
- Gas-fired furnaces (for northern and off-grid communities only)
- Oil-fired boilers (for off-grid communities only)
- Oil-fired furnaces (for off-grid communities only)
Before you start your upgrades, learn about products and equipment eligibility criteria and consult the list of eligible models below.
All products must be purchased in Canada. Online purchases are only eligible if they are ordered from an online distributor in Canada.
For windows and doors
In order to be reimbursed, the windows and doors you purchase must be ENERGY STAR® certified and appear on the list found here. ENERGY STAR certified means that the model meets or exceeds the ENERGY STAR levels established for the climate zone where the model is installed. Each qualified model comes with a temporary label showing that the unit is ENERGY STAR certified.
Do not remove the ENERGY STAR labels until after your post-retrofit evaluation. These labels help your energy advisor confirm that the product you’ve installed is ENERGY STAR certified.
Please consult the list of window and doors to choose an eligible ENERGY STAR certified model.
- ENERGY STAR certified windows ($125 per rough opening)
- ENERGY STAR certified sliding glass doors ($125 per rough opening)
- ENERGYSTAR certified hinged Doors, sidelites and transoms ($125 per rough opening)
- ENERGY STAR MOST EFFICIENT windows ($250 per rough opening)
- ENERGY STAR MOST EFFICIENT sliding glass doors ($250 per rough opening)
For mechanical and electrical systems
When planning your retrofits, keep in mind that all mechanical and electrical systems, with the exception of thermostats, must be installed by a licenced and trained professional. When using a licensed professional it is highly recommended that you obtain proof of their licence to install equipment in your province or territory.
Find your product
Download and consult the lists below to ensure that your retrofit product is eligible for reimbursement before you make your purchase. There are no requirements for thermostats.
- Download the list of eligible air source heat pumps and cold climate heat pumps
- Download the list of eligible cold climate air source heat pumps – Quebec and Nova Scotia only
- Download the list of eligible ground source heat pumps – full system and pump replacement
- Download the list of eligible heat pump water heaters
The following products are exclusively available for northern communities that are not connected to the North American electricity grid or natural gas network.
- Download the list of eligible residential gas-fired boilers
- Download the list of eligible residential gas-fired furnaces
The following products are exclusively available for off-grid communities.
How can we help?
If you need assistance, contact us.
We are experiencing a higher than normal call volume. We strongly recommend that you register online. The web content is the most current information available.
TTY: 1 800-465-7735
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (Eastern time)
- Date modified: