Helping you save energy and make your home more comfortable
The Canada Greener Homes Initiative is being co-delivered by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and the Government of Quebec, through the Rénoclimat program. Grants are provided to eligible homeowners for recommended and eligible retrofits such as home insulation, windows and doors, heat pumps and renewable energy systems.
To get back a portion of your costs for eligible home retrofits
As a maximum contribution toward the total costs of your pre- and post retrofit EnerGuide evaluations
How to apply
Quebec homeowners register through the Government of Quebec’s Rénoclimat webpage for both the provincial grant program, Rénoclimat, and the federal grant initiative, the Canada Greener Homes Grant.
Once registered with Rénoclimat, you will be automatically considered under both the provincial and federal grant programs. You will also be able to book an appointment for your pre- and post-EnerGuide home evaluations.
How the application process works
The Quebec homeowner journey
Select a service organization
Prioritize your renovations
Apply for the Canada Greener Homes Loan
Consult your Renovation Upgrade Report (RUR)
Your energy advisor will send you the documents by email or mail.
Your journey with Rénoclimat is complete
Send NRCan all requested documents
NRCan will send you an email
Enjoy the benefits and savings of a greener home
Journey to access your Canada Greener Homes Grant
When your grant journey with Rénoclimat is completed, you will receive an email from NRCan informing you that your application was submitted for consideration under the Canada Greener Homes Grant federal program. Due to privacy and protection of personal information laws, NRCan will need to seek your consent to review your retrofit documentation and will need to collect your retrofit invoices.
Please respond to the NRCan email as soon as possible with the following information:
- your completed and signed Consent and Declaration Form
- all invoices for your retrofits
In case NRCan requires additional information to complete the review of your grant application, you are asked to keep and make available the following documentation:
- your Renovations Upgrade Report (RUR)
- your pre- and post-retrofit evaluation EnerGuide labels
The grant review will only start once all required documents are received by NRCan.
When the grant review is completed, you will receive an email from NRCan confirming the final Canada Greener Homes Grant amount decision. Eligible recipients will receive a cheque by mail through Canada Post.
3 tips to help you when submitting documents to NRCan by email
- Tip 1 – Clearly indicate your name and application number in the email subject line. When submitting your documentation, indicate your name and your application number in your email’s subject line. Doing so expedites the triage and processing of emails.
- Tip 2 – Limit the size of your file attachment(s). If you are submitting multiple or large attachments (over 5 MB), we strongly recommended that you zip your documents into a single folder or submit the documents in a series of emails to avoid processing issues. If sending a series, add how many emails you are sending in the subject line of the email for ease in the triage, for example, “Email 1 of 4, Email 2 of 4,” etc.
- Tip 3 – Check your spam folder! If you have not received an email from NRCan during your journey with the Canada Greener Homes Initiative, please check your spam or junk folder. If the email ended up in one of these folders, add the email to your trusted senders folder or mark the email as “not junk.” This way, our future emails will go directly to your inbox.
Unsolicited phone calls or door-to-door visits—Remain vigilant!
NRCan has not approved any third parties to make unsolicited contact with homeowners to register for or participate in the Canada Greener Homes Grant. The Government of Canada, NRCan and its family of brands (ENERGY STAR, EnerGuide) never solicit over the telephone, or by email or go door-to-door asking to enter Canadians’ homes to inspect, sell, or rent heating and cooling products. EnerGuide home energy evaluations are performed by licensed service organizations only at the request of homeowners. Learn how to recognize energy scams.
Need a loan for your retrofit?
The Canada Greener Homes Loan is an interest-free loan of up to $40,000 with a repayment term of 10 years, open to homeowners who have an active application (at the pre-retrofit stage) with the Canada Greener Homes Grant.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern time)
- Date modified: