Green Your Routine Challenge
As Canadians are spending an increased amount of time at home, we’re encouraging you to ‘Green Your Routine’ by implementing simple lifestyle changes to help you live greener.
For four weeks, we’ll be providing easy-to-follow tips to make your home more energy-efficient. These small changes will help you save money, reduce your energy use, and protect the environment!
What will I gain?
- An awareness of when and where you use energy in your home;
- Low-cost and no-cost tips to save energy in your home;
- Opportunities to take things further and improve the overall efficiency of your home!
How can I get involved?
The challenge starts Monday, February 1 and runs until Friday, February 26, 2021, spanning a four-week period; remember, you can join the challenge at any point in time, still seeing the benefits and having tons of fun!
Each week we’ll tackle one room in your home and provide you with four easy, actionable items to implement throughout the week – we challenge you to complete one (or more) action each week and share your journey. It’s that simple!
Week 4: Home improvements
Hammer down on energy efficiency with these renovations and home maintenance tips to keep your home running efficiently.
Select one (or more!) actions from the list below to implement this week.
- Learn more about your home’s heating system and the best way to operate it in your climate.
- Conduct maintenance on your space heating systems.
- Seal air leakages.
- Schedule an EnerGuide Home Evaluation for a detailed report on your home’s energy performance.
New to the challenge? Take a look what we accomplished:
Week 1: Home office
Manage your home office energy like a boss! Implementing these small changes can lead to big savings.
Week 2: Living room
Make the busiest hub of your home the most eco-friendly by integrating energy efficiency into your day-to-day lifestyle.
Week 3: Kitchen
Cook up some energy savings in your kitchen by implementing these energy efficient recipes.
- Date modified: