ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency.
ENERGY STAR certified light fixtures (technically called “luminaires”) use a remarkable 90% less energy, on average, than light fixtures with traditional incandescent bulbs. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Produce 70-90% less heat than traditional models with standard bulbs.
- Distribute light more efficiently and evenly.
- Functional and stylish - hundreds of decorative styles are available including both portable fixtures (e.g. table, desk and floor lamps, including torchieres) and hard-wired fixtures (e.g. front porch, dining room, kitchen ceiling and under-cabinet, hallway ceiling and wall, bathroom vanity fixtures).
- Convenient features such as dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on outdoor models.
- Last 15 times longer and come with a manufacturer-backed warranty of at least three years.
Look for the ENERGY STAR symbol
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified light fixtures. (NOTE: You will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
Regulations set the energy efficiency minimum
Floor lamps (“torchieres”) and ceiling fans with integrated lights are subject to Canada's Energy Efficiency Regulations, which set a minimum performance standard for their energy efficiency. Find details in the Guide to the Regulations.
Related Blog Posts
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: