- 1. About
- 4. How to apply
- 7. Service Standards
- 10. Contact Us
- 2. Eligibility
- 5. After you apply
- 8. Successful Applicants
- 11. Infrastructure map
- 3. Before you apply
- 6. Request Application Package
- 9. News and FAQs
The first Request for Proposal under Phase 2 of the Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative is now closed. No further applications will be accepted. Applicants of successful projects will be notified by email by Spring 2018.
If you wish to receive more information or if you would like to be included in our mailing list to learn about the next RFP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Before you apply
Get your Application Package!
By completing the Application Package Request Form, you will automatically receive the Applicant's Guide and the Application template.
Make sure that you can demonstrate that your project meets all the mandatory requirements of the Program
Mandatory Criteria: Applicants must address all of the criteria below in their project proposals, providing supporting information for all assertions. The description of the individual criteria below are available in the Applicant's Guide.
- The project must be a permanent installation serving on-road vehicles and be located in Canada.
- The project must be a new installation or must increase capacity.
- The project must include an Eligible technology.
- The project must be open to the public:
- For EV fast chargers – at all times.
- For natural gas and hydrogen refuelling stations – as appropriate.
- The infrastructure must allow for networking (for EV fast chargers only).
- The infrastructure must provie at least one (1) payment option that is free of any network membership.
- For EV fast chargers, projects must be completed eighteen (18) months after the receipt of the Letter of conditional approval.
For natural gas and hydrogen refuelling stations, projects must be completed two (2) years after the receipt of the Letter of conditional approval.
- The Applicant must secure at least 50% their share of the total project cost at the proposal phase.
- For natural gas refuelling stations and EV fast chargers, the Applicant must demonstrate that they engaged with the energy supplier where the project will be built.
- The Applicant must own the land, have access to the land for a period of ten (10) years or demonstrate that they have the capacity to obtain access to the site for ten (10) years where the infrastructure will be built.
Earn merit points by meeting the Evaluation Criteria
- Project readiness including a legally binding agreement to access the site for ten (10) years, confirmation of fleets that will be using the station and availability of natural gas and electricity on the site.
- The EV infrastructure is interoperable and communicates as well as operates using an open source protocol.
- Possibility of future expansion.
- Quality of operation and maintenance plan.
- Managerial experience.
- Optimal distance between stations (65 km for EV fast chargers and 300 km for natural gas refuelling stations).
- Signage program for increased visibility of the station.
- Proximity to National Highway system and key freight transportation corridors.
- Proximity to a provincial or Canada/U.S. border.
- Co-location with existing infrastructure or densification.
- Secured funding that is greater than 50% of your share of the total project cost.
- Level of private funding for the project.
- Economic impact of the project.
Make sure you:
- Complete your proposal using the Program’s Application template (6. Application Package);
- Include supporting documents for all assertions;
- Sign the Applicant's Attestation; and
- Submit your proposal (4. How to apply)
It is highly recommended to submit the complete application well in advance of the submission deadline (by 23:59 Eastern Standard Time, March 22, 2018).
Visit our News and FAQs to read the Frequently Asked Questions or email us at:
- Date Modified: