Energy management resources
Find the information you need to effectively manage energy consumption in commercial and industrial environments.
Data and analysis
Find detailed reports on trends and statistics of energy use in Canada:
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Data Snapshots for Canadian Buildings (2016)
- Survey of Commercial and Institutional Energy Use – Buildings 2009, Office of Energy Efficiency (2012)
- Energy Efficiency Trends in Canada 1990–2009, Office of Energy Efficiency (2011)
Access key information on a variety of topics related to energy efficiency and energy management in new and existing buildings.
Explore Natural Resources Canada’s (NRCan) EcoENERGY Efficiency for Buildings program
Find information on the program related to:
- The National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB 2011)
- Benchmarking tools
- Building commissioning and recommissioning
Discover useful tools and software
- Learn about NRCan’s free CAN-QUEST software for modelling energy use in buildings.
- Explore how NRCan’s RETScreen® software can help evaluate energy-efficient technologies.
- See how the free ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager tool can help with energy benchmarking.
Investigate Government of Canada energy performance programs
- Learn how NRCan’s Greening Government Services (formerly “Federal Buidlings Initiative”) are improving energy performance in government-owned and- operated buildings.
- Read about ways owners and investors can reduce occupancy costs in Building Recommissioning for Commercial and Institutional Buildings.
Use these helpful primers, guides and other NRCan publications on developing, implementing, operating and assessing an energy-performance program:
- Energy Management Training Primer
- Energy Management Best Practices Guide for Commercial and Institutional Buildings
- Improve Your Building's Energy Performance: Energy Benchmarking Primer
- Energy Performance Contracting: Guide for Federal Buildings
- Implementing an Energy Efficiency Awareness Program
For more information on energy management data, fact sheets and guides, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Modified: