What’s new with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager?
- ENERGY STAR certification is coming to Canada!
- New 1-100 ENERGY STAR score for ice/curling rinks
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Data Snapshots coming soon!
- Other updates to the tool (updated score for offices, source factors, emissions factors and more)
- Schedule for Canadian ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager updates
What’s new for existing buildings?
Coming soon: Major Energy Retrofit Guidelines, a new series of documents intended to help building owners and managers carry out retrofits to make their buildings more energy efficient. The first document will outline the principles of the recommended approach to major retrofits and will serve as a foundation for the rest of the series. See our Energy retrofits page for more information and to read the guidelines.
What’s new for new buildings?
The National High-Performance Building Challenge will be launched soon, led by BOMA Canada. The Challenge is intended to recognize leading building designs that demonstrate significant progress toward net-zero energy performance. In this way, NRCan hopes to support the buildings sector as a whole as it moves toward this ambitious goal. If you have any questions, please contact BOMA, or stay tuned for more information!
Want more news?
The best way to keep apprised of updates to Portfolio Manager news and activities is to sign up for the Heads Up: Building Energy Efficiency newsletter. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.