Financial assistance for benchmarking, labelling and disclosure initiatives
Please be advised that all financial assistance for this program has been allocated. We thank all participants for the proposals they have submitted.
The Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change is Canada’s plan to meet our emissions reduction targets, grow the economy, and build resilience to a changing climate. Our plan includes measures to achieve improvements across all sectors of the economy. Canada’s Buildings Strategy details those measures within the buildings sector. Energy benchmarking, labelling and disclosure are key components of that strategy.
Financial assistance to support energy labelling and disclosure projects for the commercial and institutional buildings sector is now available through the Office of Energy Efficiency.
Eligible projects must address energy labelling and disclosure policies and initiatives in the commercial and institutional buildings sector by:
- Increasing awareness of and capacity to adopt energy efficient practices and/or policies leading to labelling and disclosure and improved energy performance in the sector
- Accelerating the adoption of energy management practices, specifically benchmarking, the use of the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager tool, and labelling and disclosure programs
Our priority is to support provinces, territories, and municipalities implementing labelling and disclosure as well as stakeholders involved with those initiatives.
NRCan will assess submitted project proposals prior to any funding approval. Project costs cannot be incurred prior to signing a contribution agreement. The decision to approve any proposal is at the sole discretion of NRCan.
Funding is limited and only available until 2021, so take advantage of this opportunity quickly. Assemble your project proposal today and help make positive change for a greener future. For more information, please contact the Office of Energy Efficiency at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is energy benchmarking, labelling and disclosure?
- Energy benchmarking is the ongoing review and comparison of a building's energy consumption to determine its level of performance.
- An energy label is a rating that indicates a building’s energy performance compared to similar buildings (determined through benchmarking).
- Disclosure involves the reporting of the energy performance to jurisdictions or to the public.
- Date modified: