Recommissioning (RCx) optimizes existing buildings to improve occupant comfort and save energy.
CanmetENERGY and the Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE) developed a 3.5-day advanced RCx course for engineers and technicians. This course covers all stages of the RCx process: planning, investigation, implementation, hand-over, and monitoring.
The RCx course is currently being given in Canada. Visit the Canadian Institute for Energy Training’s (CIET) website to see the dates of upcoming sessions.
Training topics include:
- the system approach
- efficient methods for uncovering problems
- working with building staff
- calculating savings
- implementing RCx findings
- updating documentation and providing targeted training
- applying best practices in on-going commissioning
To practice the principles demonstrated during the course lectures, participants will be given exercises and answer keys.
The target audience includes experienced individuals in technical positions:
- continuous optimization (RCx) service providers or recommissioning agents
- building operators
- energy managers
Participants are usually engineers with experience in HVAC systems and institutional and commercial building operations.