Recommissioning (RCx) optimizes existing buildings to improve occupant comfort and save energy. CanmetENERGY conducts RCx projects in Canadian buildings. Through these projects, the implementation of simple building operation optimization measures has helped:
- reduce operating costs
- improve occupant comfort
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Building RCx can yield energy savings of 5 to 15% with a typical payback of less than 3 years in most cases. These reductions can sometimes reach 30%.
To learn more about RCx projects, download the case studies:
- Adult education centre, Centre St-Michel, Sherbrooke (QC)
(PDF, 498 KB)
- Elementary school, Our Lady of Peace, Laval (QC)
(PDF, 509 KB)
- Office building, CRA Building, Victoria (BC)
(PDF, 513 KB)
- Office tower, Royal Bank Office, Winnipeg (MB)
(PDF, 529 KB)
RCx projects database
CanmetENERGY is currently developing an RCx projects database. We encourage you to add data from your own RCx projects by simply download the data entry form. These data will be added to the RCx projects database and could also serve to produce new RCx case studies.