NRCan will work with you to find the least emitting solutions that enable you to continue to meet your operational needs.
*NEW - Greening Government Fleets Best Practices
This document outlines a roadmap for what success for greening government fleets will look like. The fleet of the future will be different than today’s. It will be optimized and composed of a variety of low carbon vehicle technologies. Its vehicles will be operated efficiently. It will be cost-effective and fiscally responsible. It will have significantly reduced emissions and energy use when compared to the existing fleets. It will also be flexible and well positioned to adopt additional innovative new clean technologies as they enter the market. If followed, the advice and steps outlined in this guide will help to lay the foundation to support this transition over the next decade or more.
The full report is available in PDF
Fleet telematics and Analysis
- Benchmarking: By installing a data logger in fleet vehicles, fleet managers will have an accurate perspective of daily, weekly, monthly and annual vehicle use to easily report on fuel use and greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions.
- Vehicle Use Reporting: The Vehicle Use Portal allows the fleet manager to accurately report on vehicle usage including fuel consumption and mileage in real time.
- Fleet Right-Sizing Analysis: The analysis received will optimize your fleet by making sure vehicle utilization is maximized and highlight the potential decommissioning of underutilized assets.
- Low-Carbon Replacement Assessment (fuel switching): We will provide evidence based modeling to make lowest emitting suitable vehicle replacement recommendations and model the outcome (GHG reductions) from vehicle replacement.
- Infrastructure Requirements: Now that you have greened your fleet, we can tell you how many chargers you will need or how much of another alternative fuel you will require to effectively operate it.
- Behavioural change (driver training): We will assist you in deploying an eco-driving course and monitor the reductions in fuel consumption leading to even greater GHG emissions reduction.