Below you'll find technical guides and other information related to energy management in the industrial sectors.
- Energy Savings Toolbox – An Energy Audit Manual and Tool (Cat. No. M144-101-2011-MRC)
Order | PDF (36.7 MB) | Excel spreadsheets (ZIP format 300 KB)
- Energy Management Information Systems – Planning Manual and Tool (Cat. No. M144-210-2010E-PDF) Order | PDF (ZIP format 5.54 MB) | Excel Spreadsheets (ZIP format 124 KB)
- Energy Management Information Systems (Cat. No. M144-54/2004E)
HTML | PDF (1.1 MB)
- Energy-Efficient Motor Systems Assessment Guide (Cat. No. M92-165/2004E)
HTML | PDF (5.34 MB)
- Case study: Catalyst Paper (Crofton) ISO 50001 certification – A strong mandate to cut costs leads to a cultural shift toward improving energy efficiency (Cat. No. M134-32/10-2016E-PDF) PDF (296KB)
- Case study: Global Wood Concepts Ltd. – Toronto furniture manufacturer first in Canada to earn 50001 certification (Cat. No. 134-32/9-2016E-PDF) PDF (219KB)
- Case study: Origin Organic Farms Inc. – Steady progress toward adopting ISO 50001 (Cat. No. 134-42/2016E-PDF) PDF (374KB)
- Case study: Campbell Company of Canada – Making the most of a new combined heat and power system (Cat. No. 134-41/2016E-PDF) PDF (251KB)
- Case study: Goldcorp Red Lake Mine – Ramping up to corporate-wide energy management with Dollars to $ense Energy Management workshops (Cat. No. 134-32/11-2016E-PDF) PDF (1.08MB)
- Case study: Chrysler Group LLC’s Brampton assembly plant – first automotive assembly plant in Canada to achieve ISO 50001 saves millions in energy costs (Cat. No. M134-32/8-2015E-PDF) PDF (470KB)
- Case study: IBM Bromont manufacturing plant cuts energy consumption by 9.2 percent and saves $550,000 in 2013 (Cat. No. M134-32/6-2014E-PDF) PDF (1.23MB)
- Case study: Lincoln Electric – motivated staff are a big reason for Lincoln Electric becoming the fourth Canadian company to achieve ISO 50001 certification (Cat. No. M134-32/5-2014E-PDF) PDF (1.33MB)
- Case study: New Gold Inc. New Afton Mine – total annual energy savings have exceeded 2.4 gigawatt-hours since ISO 50001 was established in the first quarter of 2014 (Cat. No. M134-32/7-2014E-PDF) PDF (1.28MB)
- Case study: Maple Leaf Foods Inc. reaps long-term benefits from process integration (Cat. No. M134-32/2-2013E-PDF) PDF, (778 KB)
- Case study: St. Marys Cement’s Bowmanville plant is the first to achieve ISO 50001 certification (Cat. No. M134-32/4-2013E-PDF) PDF, (891 KB)
- Case study: 3M Canada’s Brockville plant achieves ISO 50001 certification (Cat. No. M134-32/3-2013-PDF) PDF, (587 KB)
- Ontario’s Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) produced the following videos through their Save on Energy program.
- Pillars of Efficiency
- Why hire an energy manager?
- KI Canada
- Lear Corporation
- 3M Canada
- Valiant TMS
When behavioural, organizational and technological change come together, the changes become unstoppable and the benefits, undeniable.
Energy Efficiency is the money you don’t pay.
CIPEC Leader company KI Canada educated its technicians to save money.
The Lear Ajax facility initiated innovations in energy efficiency that made it a leader for other Lear locations around the world.
With annual savings of $1.5 million, CIPEC Leader 3M Canada credits energy efficiency as a major factor in keeping its costs competitive and maintaining its workforce in Canada.
Employees at Valiant TMS saw an opportunity to increase the company’s bottom line and reduce its carbon footprint by being more energy efficient.
- Chrysler (Brampton, ON) - Energy Management Solutions
How this car manufacturer became the first automotive assembly plant in Canada to achieve ISO 50001 certification.
- KI Pembroke (Pembroke, ON) - Saving Energy and Making Change
How this furniture manufacturer is maximizing the benefits of energy efficiency.
- New Gold – New Afton Mine (Kamloops, BC) - Sustainable Mining Management
How a Canadian mining company is transforming energy efficiency for the sector.
- Broan-NuTone Canada (Mississauga, ON) – Business Trailblazers
From energy management and environmental initiatives to saving on operating costs, Canadian manufacturers benefit with NRCan and an ISO-50001 certification.
- IBM (Bromont, QC) – Leader of the Pack
Whether your company is large or small, you can become efficient, sustainable and profitable with the ISO 50001 energy management program.
- St. Marys Cement (Bowmanville, ON) – Paving the way for industry energy conservation
International standards help Canadian companies reduce their carbon footprint with the implementation of global energy management systems. ISO standards help companies like St. Mary’s Cement reduce the level of energy they consume and increase productivity.
Useful Links and Documents
- Don’t be an Energy Dinosaur (PDF, 797 KB)
Introduction to Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) technology, including definitions and suitable applications as well as calculated energy saving examples and case studies.
- Global Superior Energy Performance Partnership Energy Management Working Group
Tools and resources to support implementation of energy management systems.
- Office of Energy Efficiency Statistics and Analysis
- U.S. Department of Energy Information Resources
- Date Modified: