The SmartWay Transportation Partnership is a voluntary program that encourages best practices in freight supply chains. SmartWay helps partners to:
- benchmark their operations
- track fuel consumption and improve overall performance
- attract business and differentiate their operations from competitors
By joining SmartWay, you are notifying suppliers, customers and investors that your sustainability goals include a commitment to clean freight.
A North America-wide network of concerned professionals
SmartWay welcomes partnerships with these transportation specialists:
- Easily compare performance of carriers and make cost effective decisions
- Get more accurate data on their carriers’ transportation emission which helps shippers to report their carbon emissions
- Quantify, benchmark, and track emissions across the supply chain
- Enhance their company’s image to appeal to investors and consumers; and
A multimodal carrier is a company that:
- operates its own private truck fleet combined with one or more of the following; a rail company, a barge company or a logistics brokerage; and also
- operates its own private truck fleet with:
- at least 5% of its freight shipping contracted with truck and/or logistics companies; or
- at least 10% of its freight shipping contracted with rail, air, and/or barge companies
Marine carriers that manage river and open-water barge operations are eligible to become SmartWay Partners.
SmartWay affiliates and community members
If you’re not a shipper, logistics firm or carrier, you may still qualify as a SmartWay affiliate.
Joining SmartWay is free and simple
Follow these steps to become a SmartWay partner:
- Select and review the user guide that will help you complete the tool that applies to your operation.
- Select and complete your tool by providing information about your operation.
- Email your completed tool to NRCan for approval.
NRCan will contact you to confirm your partnership in the program.
Learn the benefits of SmartWay for shippers and logistics firms – Video
Learn more about SmartWay with insights from industry professionals on the value of joining this well-established North American transportation initiative.
Truck carriers choose the SmartWay Transportation Partnership – Video
Learn how SmartWay has helped the transportation industry save billions of dollars in operational costs and make significant reductions in harmful emissions./p>
Become a SmartWay affiliate
SmartWay affiliates include trade and professional organizations, equipment dealers and truck stops. Affiliate membership is a great way to show your support for SmartWay shippers, carriers and logistics firms as they strive for greater operational efficiency and better environmental performance.
Do you have questions about joining SmartWay?
- Call 1-855-322-1564
- Email SmartWay
- Date Modified: