Marine carriers that manage river and open-water barge operations are eligible to become SmartWay Partners. The SmartWay Transport Partnership helps barge carriers to benchmark operations, track fuel consumption and improve environmental performance annually. SmartWay helps barge carriers to:
- Reduce operating costs by improving fuel efficiency;
- Attract business from SmartWay shippers;
- Differentiate their operations from competitors; and
- Reduce their carbon footprint.
As a SmartWay Partner, you are notifying suppliers, customers and investors that your sustainability goals include a commitment to clean freight.
What’s New in this version of the Barge Tool?
Version 2.0.17 of the Barge Tool contains a number of updates and revisions to the prior version, 2.0.16. These updates have been implemented to enhance the usefulness, clarity and accuracy of the Tool, and are summarized below:
- An inconsistency was identified in the emission factors in the 2008 locomotive and marine Federal Rulemaking where PM emissions for pre-2000 engines where lower than for newer engines. These values have been set equal to model year 2000 engine emissions for consistency.
- The Contacts Section has been updated to clarify the relationship between Sustainability Contacts and other contacts.
- The “Feedback” section of the tool has been updated making it easier to follow and complete.
- Miscellaneous text and format updates for clarification.
Become a SmartWay Partner in Three Steps:
- Date Modified: