The SmartWay Transport Partnership helps logistics companies to benchmark operations, track fuel consumption and improve environmental performance annually. Logistics companies registered in the program are known as SmartWay Partners. SmartWay helps logistics companies to:
- Reduce operating costs by improving fuel efficiency
- Attract business from SmartWay shippers
- Differentiate their operations from competitors; and
- Reduce their carbon footprint
By joining SmartWay as a SmartWay Partner, you are notifying suppliers, customers and investors that your sustainability goals include a commitment to clean freight.
What’s New in this version?
Version 2.0.16 of the Logistics Tool contains a number of updates and revisions to the prior version, 2.0.15. These updates have been implemented to enhance the usefulness and clarity of the Tool, and are summarized below:
- A note on new security warnings has been incorporated. Microsoft has instituted new security warnings that appear in some versions of Excel. The SmartWay files are still safe, and in the same format as previous years. Instructions are provided to navigate through the new Microsoft security warnings.
- New SmartWay Categories have been added for Multimodal carriers: Surface, Surface-Air, Surface-Marine, and Surface-Air-Marine.
- Additional validation checks have been added for barge carrier product density and Surface-Air Multimodal carrier payloads.
- Average carrier volumes have been added to the Input Summary reports.
- A “save” option has been added to all reports to allow for exporting to Excel format.
- Miscellaneous text and format updates have been added for clarification.
Become a SmartWay Partner in three steps:
- Review the User Guides which will help you to complete the Tool.
- Complete the Logistics Tool by entering your fleet-level activity and operations data in the Logistics Tool. You must use at least one (1) SmartWay carrier to register and remain in good standing with SmartWay.
- Send your completed Logistics Tool to NRCan.SmartWay.RNCan@canada.ca for approval.
Please contact SmartWay with questions that you may have at 1-855-322-1564 or by e-mail at NRCan.SmartWay.RNCan@canada.ca
- Date Modified: