The SmartWay Transport Partnership helps truck carriers to benchmark operations, track fuel consumption and improve environmental performance annually. Truck carriers registered in the program are known as SmartWay Partners. SmartWay helps truck carriers to:
- Reduce operating costs by improving fuel efficiency
- Attract business from SmartWay shippers
- Differentiate their operations from competitors; and
- Reduce their carbon footprint
By joining SmartWay as a SmartWay Partner, you are notifying suppliers, customers and investors that your sustainability goals include a commitment to clean freight.
What’s new in this version?
Version 2.0.17 of the Truck Tool contains a number of updates and revisions to the prior version, 2.0.16. These updates have been implemented to enhance the usefulness, clarity and accuracy of the Tool, and are summarized below:
- The Contacts Section has been updated to clarify the relationship between Sustainability Contacts and other contacts.
- New NOx and PM emission factors have been updated for 2018 from the US EPA MOVES model.
- Black Carbon (BC) emission factors have been added to the tool, based on elemental carbon (EC) factors obtained from the MOVES model. Performance metrics are now available for BC as well as CO2, NOx, and PM.
- NOx and PM emission factors for transportation refrigeration (reefer) units were updated to reflect 2018 calendar year emissions using the NONROAD component of the MOVES model.
- All gasoline consumed is now assumed to be E10 (10% ethanol blend). Users may no longer specify separate consumption amounts for gasoline and E10, although E85 consumption may be entered separately.
- The “Feedback” section of the tool has been updated making it easier to follow and complete.
- Miscellaneous text and format updates for clarification.
Become a SmartWay Partner in Three Steps:
- Review the User Guides which will help you to complete the Tool.
- Download and complete your Truck Carrier Tool by entering your fleet-level activity and operations data into the tool.
- Send your completed Truck Carrier Tool to NRCan.SmartWay.RNCan@canada.ca for approval.
Please contact SmartWay with any questions that you may have at 1-855-322-1564 or by e-mail at NRCan.SmartWay.RNCan@canada.ca
- Date Modified: