RETScreen Innovation Lab
We collaborate with government and multilateral organizations to co-fund and develop advanced versions of the RETScreen® Clean Energy Management Software platform.
RETScreen Expert, the intelligent version of the software, incorporates benchmark, feasibility, performance and portfolio analysis for various types of facilities, including commercial, institutional, residential, industrial and power generation, all within one comprehensive platform.
Our areas of focus
The focus of our innovation lab is to ensure that the RETScreen software is always at the leading edge of the clean energy technology transition, and that we continuously improve our platform to meet the complex needs of our large and rapidly growing global user community.
The software harnesses advanced algorithms and data to simplify decision making around energy projects, including renewable energy, energy efficiency, cogeneration and transportation.
RETScreen Expert also allows professionals to measure and verify a facility’s ongoing energy and sustainability performance, and to manage a portfolio of multiple facilities.
Collaborators to-date include:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) – Langley Research Center (LaRC)
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) – Centre for Greening Government (CGG)
- Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- The World Bank – Prototype Carbon Fund (PCF)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) – Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE)
If you are a government or multilateral organization interested in exploring an investment in further improvements to the RETScreen software to help facilitate your program needs, please contact us at: RETScreen@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
RETScreen Software and NASA data: a global climate solution
We have been collaborating with NASA since 1998 to integrate their satellite-derived solar radiation and surface meteorology data, for the entire surface of the planet, into the RETScreen Software.Read the full NASA collaboration article
- Date modified: