Program of Energy Research and Development
The Program of Energy Research and Development (PERD) is a federal, interdepartmental program operated by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). PERD funds research and development designed to ensure a sustainable energy future for Canada in the best interests of both our economy and our environment.
Please note that PERD only provides funding to federal departments and agencies for internal R&D or collaborative Grants and Contributions with outside organizations working with the federal department or agency*. It is not a general funding or grant program for companies, associations or individuals.
13 federal departments and agencies participate in PERD:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL)
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Environment Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Health Canada
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Industry Canada
- National Defence
- National Research Council Canada
- Natural Resources Canada
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Transport Canada
* These departments and agencies may collaborate with and/or provide funding to:
- the private sector (industry, research institutes, companies, consortia and alliances, individuals)
- other funding agencies such as the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP), and Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- provincial and municipal governments and research organizations
- international organizations
Find out more about some of the projects funded under the PERD program.
- Date modified: