Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified dishwasher uses 12% less energy and 30% less water on average, than a standard model. Dishwashers that have earned the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation are the best of the best – they’ll save you more energy than standard models. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Special sensors test how dirty the dishes are throughout the wash and adjust the cycle to achieve optimum cleaning with minimum water and energy use.
- Improved water filtration removes food soils from the wash water allowing efficient use of detergent and water throughout the cycle. The final clean-water rinse assures your dishes come out sparkling.
- More efficient jets use less energy to spray detergent and water over the dishes.
- Innovative dish rack designs maximize cleaning by strategically situating the dishes.
- Internal water heater to boost water temperature (available on some models).
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified dishwashers (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
Once you find a couple of dishwasher models, you can compare how much energy they’ll use every year and over their lifetime using this handy comparison tool.
- Scrape and go. Rinsing excess food (especially with hot water) wastes water, energy and time. Scrape your dishes, load them into the dishwasher, and let it do its job!
- Choose a model with the “air dry” feature and use it.
- Assess each load. Use the built-in setting that allows for the best cleaning in the least amount of time.
What’s in a label?
Dishwashers in Canada can have two labels:
- The ENERGY STAR symbol means the model is highly energy efficient.
- The EnerGuide label shows the model’s energy consumption and how it compares to similar models. Learn more about EnerGuide labels for appliances.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
Regulations set the energy efficiency minimum
Dishwashers are subject to Canada's Energy Efficiency Regulations, which set a minimum performance standard for their energy efficiency. Find details in the Guide to the Regulations.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: