Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified enterprise server uses 30% less energy, on average, than a standard model. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Efficient power supplies limit power conversion losses and generate less waste heat, which reduces the need for excess air conditioning in the datacentre facility.
- Improved power quality provides building-wide energy efficiency benefits.
- Capabilities to measure real time power use, processor utilization, and air temperature improves manageability and lowers total cost of ownership.
- Advanced power management features and efficient components save energy across various operating states, including "idle".
- Limits on idle power draw for one and two processor rack mounted or pedestal servers.
There are four basic types of computer servers defined in the ENERGY STAR® technical specification.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified enterprise servers. ENERGY STAR qualification is currently limited to blade, multi-node, pedestal or rack-mounted servers designed for enterprise use with a maximum of four processor sockets. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Talk to a specialist to ensure you get the right products and implement a system that meets your company’s needs.
- Think small. Create a smaller set up with the option to incorporate more servers in the future. This will maximize your server’s capacity and increase its efficiency.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: