Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
ENERGY STAR certified audio/video products can use up to nearly 70% less energy, on average, than standard models, while ENERGY STAR certified Blu-Ray players are, on average, 45% more efficient than standard models. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Save energy in all usage modes, including "sleep", "idle", and "on”.
- Limit electricity usage when on.
- Automatically turn off if not actively being used for two hours or less.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified audio video equipment (Note: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- If you don’t use your device very often, unplug your Blu-ray player, speaker docks and other electronic items to prevent unnecessary power loss.
- Give your energy bill a vacation! If you’re going on vacation, take a few minutes before you leave to unplug your electronic items to prevent unnecessary power loss.
- Use an advanced power strip or "smart" power bar. Plug the TV into the master receptacle and plug other devices such as DVD players and video game systems into the “slave” receptacles. Turning off the TV cuts power to the other devices too, automatically saving energy and reducing your electricity costs.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
Regulations set the energy efficiency minimum
Audio video products are subject to Canada's Energy Efficiency Regulations, which set a minimum performance standard for their energy efficiency. Find details in the Guide to the Regulations
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: