Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified commercial griddle uses at least 10% less energy, on average, than a standard model. This equates to savings of over $120 per year, or over $1,100 over the product lifetime. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Even cooking - improved uniformity of temperature across the griddle plate increases the quality of your food.
- Higher production capacity, allowing you to cook more with less energy.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified commercial griddles. The ENERGY STAR symbol can be found on gas and electric, single and double-sided models that are thermostatically controlled. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Purchase a griddle that is the correct size to match typical food loads for your operations.
- Turn off the griddle when it is not in use (most griddles take less than 15 minutes to preheat. Similarly, if the griddle has multiple sections, unused sections should be turned off.
- Double-sided griddles should be closed when not in use to retain heat.
- Steam griddles tend to have faster recovery times and lower idle energy rates.
- Griddles with chrome finishes tend to retain heat better than those with other finishes.
- Solid state or electronic controls also tend to have faster recovery times.
- For more information on energy and cost savings see the publication ENERGY STAR Guide for Commercial Kitchens [PDF - 2.1 MB].
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: