Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified hot food holding cabinet (sometimes known as a warming oven) uses 70% less energy, on average, than a standard model. On average, ENERGY STAR certified models can save $300 per year for electricity or over $2,800 over the product lifetime, when compared to a standard model. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Better insulation which reduces heat loss.
- Better temperature uniformity within the cabinet from top to bottom, maintaining the quality of your cooking.
- Keeps the external cabinet cooler.
- May include additional energy saving devices such as magnetic door gaskets, auto-door closures, or dutch doors.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified hot food holding cabinets. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Buy insulated hot food holding cabinets because insulation helps decreases heat loss and wasted energy.
- Cabinets should be turned off when not in use, especially overnight. Consider implementing a shutdown schedule to ensure this happens every night.
- Ensure that door gaskets and automatic door closers are maintained in good operating condition and seal properly.
- .For more information on energy and cost savings see the publication ENERGY STAR Guide for Commercial Kitchens [PDF - 2.1 MB].
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: