Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified commercial steam cooker uses 38-50% less energy, on average, than a standard model. They also save water – 90% or more when compared with standard steam cooker models (using on average 3 gallons of water/hour for ENERGY STAR certified steam cookers versus 40 gallons of water/hour for standard models). Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Better insulation and more efficient steam delivery system means shorter cooking times and higher food production rates.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified commercial steam cookers. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Ensure the door is firmly shut while the steamer is operating.
- Use only as many compartments as you need.
- Reduce the standby time. An hour of standby time on a boiler-based steamer can cost between $50 and $300 per year.
- Ensure the steamer returns to idle when the cooking is finished.
- Fix leaks and repair the steamer as soon as problems occur.
- For more information on energy and cost savings see the publication ENERGY STAR Guide for Commercial Kitchens [PDF - 2.1 MB].
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: