Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified commercial dishwasher uses 40% less energy and 40% less water, on average, than a standard model. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Must meet maximum water consumption requirements during the final rinse and use less energy while idling between wash cycles.
- Can save businesses an average of $3,000/year on their energy and water bills depending on product type.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified commercial dishwashers (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Buy the right size. Size requirements for commercial dishwashing machines can be calculated by estimating the number of individuals served by the food service establishment. This information is a key determinant of the type of dishwasher that is most suited for a facility.
- Fill it up! Commercial dishwashers use the same amount of water and energy regardless of how full they are. Washing full racks of dishes will make the dishwasher more efficient with the water it is already using.
- If you have a high-temperature dishwasher, turn it off at night. Otherwise the booster heater will consume energy keeping the hot water tank at temperature.
- Add extra insulation to reduce standby losses in hot water storage tanks.
- For more information on energy and cost savings see:
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: