Buy ENERGY STAR® certified office equipment to save you money!
ENERGY STAR certified office products save energy through efficient design and power management options. They use less energy to perform regular tasks, and when not in use, automatically enter a low-power mode. Make the switch to ENERGY STAR certified office equipment to cut your electricity bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
Office equipment isn’t just for offices anymore. Homes and small businesses have an array of office products such as multi-function devices (all-in-one scanners, printers and fax machines) as well as computers, modems and routers, and even servers.
That’s why, when buying office equipment, it’s important to remember the cost of energy to operate a product over its lifetime is just as important as its purchase price. With so many energy-using products in your home or office, bills can add up quickly.
ENERGY STAR certified office equipment
The following ENERGY STAR certified office equipment is available in Canada. Click on each product to learn more.
- Imaging equipment (copiers, printers, scanners, all-in-one-devices, fax machines, and mailing machines
- Monitors (computer displays, digital picture frames and signage displays)
- Small network equipment (modems, switches, routers and gateway boxes)
Find certified products using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder. (Note: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website. Click “Canada” as your market).
- Cut back on “standby” power consumption by using “smart” power bars or unplugging infrequently-used items. Learn more about standby power.
- Give your energy bill a vacation! If you’re going on vacation, take a few minutes before you leave to unplug your electronics to prevent unnecessary power loss.
- Visit individual product pages for more helpful tips.
- For further information on improving energy efficiency at home or work, visit our energy efficiency library to access a variety of publications.
- See our list of ENERGY STAR participating manufacturers and retailers.
Tools to find energy efficient electronics
- The easiest way to identify efficient office equipment is to look for the ENERGY STAR symbol. All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
- The ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation is offered each year to products that are “the best of the best” – the top energy performers in their class. Learn more about ENERGY STAR Most Efficient.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: