Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified monitor or display uses 25% less energy, on average, than a standard model. Monitors that have earned the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation are the best of the best – they’ll save you more energy than standard models. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
There are three main types of electronic displays eligible for ENERGY STAR certification: computer monitors, digital picture frames and professional signage displays.
- Meet stringent energy efficiency requirements in "on", "sleep", and "off" modes.
- Allow you to set your monitor to first dim and then enter a low power sleep mode when the computer is inactive.
- Automatic brightness control features are set to a power-saving mode for shipment, which allows monitors to conserve power automatically when they are turned on.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified displays. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Don’t use screen savers. Screen savers generally do not save energy, and may
- actually prevent a computer from entering sleep mode.
- Enable your computer's power-reducing features to turn off the display when you are away from your computer for extended periods to reduce energy consumption.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.