Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
Many consumers don’t realize how much energy is wasted by a typical pool pump. An ENERGY STAR certified pool pump uses a remarkable 70% less energy, on average, than a standard model. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Can run at different speeds and be programmed to match the pool operation with the right pump speed, rather than running at the top speed all of the time.
- Run quieter, require less maintenance, last longer and prolong the life of your pool's filtering system.
- Slower water filtration rates allow for better and more effective filtration of the pool water and put less strain on the filters, plumbing, and other parts of the system, reducing the chance of leaks, repairs, or premature plumbing component replacement.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified pool pumps (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website. Make sure to click “Canada” under the “Markets” header when searching ensure.)
- Program your pump to match the pool operation. Many tasks require less than full speed. Reducing pump speed by one-half allows the pump to use just one-eighth as much energy.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance. Backwash or clean the filter as recommended by the manufacturer to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Use a pool cover to reduce heating costs.
- Use an Internet-connected pool pump to allow full control, even at a distance.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: