Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
An ENERGY STAR certified commercial water heater uses 25% less energy, on average, than a standard model. These can be either tankless (“instantaneous”) water heaters fuelled by gas, or tanked water pumps, fuelled by gas or electricity. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Equipped with more efficient heat exchangers which drastically reduce the amount of electricity that is needed to heat the water.
- The larger size of commercial units achieves much greater savings when compared to residential units.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified commercial water heaters. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website. Make sure to click “Gas Tankless” or “Gas Storage” under “Type” when searching.)
- Have your water heater serviced once every year or two by a qualified professional.
- If you currently use an electric storage water heater consider an electric heat pump water heater (HPWH). These units use half the energy of a conventional electric water heater.
- ENERGY STAR certified condensing commercial gas water heaters need a drain line to dispose of condensate. Some combustion by-products cause this condensate to be acidic, which can be corrosive to certain materials, including cast iron piping. Install new piping or a neutralizer device.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date Modified: