Quick Tips to Optimize Compressed Air Systems
Here's a list of ten things you can do, continue to do, or evaluate in order to kick start your compressed air optimization and energy efficiency program:
- Identify and repair air leaks, starting with the biggest.
- Measure and baseline your compressed air system to determine the operating costs and efficiency.
- Operate compressed air system at the lowest practical pressure.
- Install, adjust and maintain automatic system controls to coordinate operations of air compressors.
- Turn off compressed air supply to zones, equipment and applications that are not operating.
- Use a blower rather than a compressor where appropriate.
- Use air receivers to reduce compressor cycling and respond to peak air demands.
- Use larger diameter pipes and looped air distribution configurations where practical.
- Maintain compressed air equipment, filters and drains at an appropriate level.
- Constantly ask if compressed air is the best utility for the intended application.
Remember to involve compressed air operating and maintenance personnel in production and end use decisions.
Your feedback and comments are appreciated.
Please provide suggestions to:
- Date modified: