Pre-publication in the Canada Gazette, Part I
Amendment 15 was pre-published on October 20, 2018 in the Canada Gazette, Part I, and introduces or updates energy efficiency standards, testing standards, and reporting requirements of 12 heating and ventilation product categories. Pre-publication initiates a 70-day comment period, which will end on December 29, 2018. Natural Resources Canada welcomes formal, written comments to email@example.com at any point throughout the 70-day period and encourages stakeholders to submit comments as soon as possible to allow for early analysis of any potential changes to the proposal to address concerns.
For information on requirements in the Regulations for each product, consult Natural Resources Canada’s Guide to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations.
Webinars have been scheduled to take stakeholders through the proposed regulations and explain what differs from what has been presented in technical bulletins and webinars in 2017. Please follow this link to register for the webinars.
Pre-consultation in advance of pre-publication in Canada Gazette (Spring to Winter 2017)
Technical bulletins with upcoming webinars were released to initiate a public consultation process.
Archived technical bulletins:
- electric furnaces – April 2017 – New product
- gas boilers – July 2017
- gas fireplaces – May 2017
- gas furnaces (including mobile homes) – May 2017
- heat recovery ventilators (HRV) – May 2017 – New product
- oil boilers – July 2017
- tankless water heaters (instantaneous water heaters) – March 2017 – New product
Commercial and industrial
- commercial gas boilers – February 2018 – New product
- commercial oil boilers – February 2018 – New product
- commercial electric water heaters – July 2017 – New product
- commercial gas and oil water heaters – July 2017 – New product
Notice of Intent (March 4, 2017)
A Notice of Intent was published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on March 4, 2017 indicating Natural Resources Canada’s intent to proceed with the development of Amendment 15. The proposed amendment has been revised dividing the list of products into two separate amendments, Amendment 15 and Amendment 16.
- Date Modified: