Energy Efficiency Regulations
A household electronic product that is encased in a single housing, requires a power supply device in order to operate and is designed
- to be connected to mains power; and
- primarily to do one or both of the following, namely, produce audio and video signals from, or record those signals to, digital or analog media.
It does not include a camera or a portable DVD player that has both an integral display screen and a DC power source.
Manufactured on or after January 1, 2013
|Product manufactured on or after January 1, 2013||Power consumption in off mode||Power consumption in standby mode|
|With information display active||Information display inactive or no information display|
|Video product||≤ 0.5 W||≤ 1 W||≤ 0.5 W|
Energy Efficiency Report Requirements
- product name (video product);
- brand name;
- model number;
- the name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package;
- if it has standby mode, its power consumption in that mode, expressed in watts, as applicable,
- with the information display active,
- with the information display inactive, and
- without the information display;
- period, expressed in minutes, that begins when standby mode is enabled and ends when the measurement of power consumption in that mode is completed;
- if it has off mode, its power consumption, expressed in watts, in off mode;
- type of playback or recording technology.
Download the energy efficiency reporting template.
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: