Energy Efficiency Regulations
Refrigerated beverage vending machine, a self-contained product that:
- is designed to accept consumer payments and dispense only bottled, canned or other sealed refrigerated beverages
Snack and refrigerated beverage vending machine, a self-contained product that:
- is designed to accept consumer payments and dispense packages of solid non-refrigerated food and bottled, canned or other sealed refrigerated beverages, and
- has a vendible capacity of not more than 100 of those beverages
Manufactured on or after August 31, 2012
Compliant product models
Refrigerated vending machines as listed on NRCan’s searchable database
Sections 1 to 7.2 of ASHRAE 32.1 that are applicable to a refrigerated beverage vending machine as defined in section 646 of the Energy Efficiency Regulations, except that the ambient temperature during the testing to determine Edailymust be 23.9°C ± 1°C.
Some provinces have their own energy efficiency regulations for many of the federally regulated products – find out which ones!
Energy efficiency standard
|Refrigerated beverage vending machines that are fully cooled (Class A)||≤ 0.00194 × V + 2.56*|
|Refrigerated beverage vending machines that are not fully cooled (Class B)||≤ 0.00258 × V + 3.16*|
|Snack and refrigerated beverage vending machines||≤ 55% (8.66 + 0.009 × vendible capacity)*|
|Edaily – daily energy consumption in kilowatt-hours (kWh)|
V – volume in litres
*Must be capable of operating in standby mode
Energy efficiency report requirements
- name of product
- brand name
- model number
- name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package
- vendible capacity (snack and refrigerated beverage only)
- whether the product is fully cooled (Class A) or not fully cooled (Class B)
- volume, in litres, calculated in accordance with Appendix C to ASHRAE 32.1
Download the energy efficiency reporting template.
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: