Energy Efficiency Regulations
Ceiling fan, a household ceiling fan that has integrated lighting.
Ceiling fan light kit, equipment that is designed to be attached to a ceiling fan for the purpose of providing light.
Manufactured on or after January 1, 2010
Compliant product models
Ceiling fans and ceiling fan light kits as listed on NRCan’s searchable database
CSA C22.2 No. 250.0-08
Energy efficiency regulations by province
Some provinces also have their own energy efficiency regulations for many of the federally regulated products – find out which ones!
Energy efficiency standard
|Product type||Total power|
|Ceiling fans with integrated lights
that have total electrical power > 10 W for the lighting and at least one socket that is not pin-based*
|≤190 W for the integrated lighting|
|Ceiling fan light kits
with at least one socket that is not pin-based*
|W = watts
* “pin-based socket” means one that is designed to hold a fluorescent lamp that is not integrally ballasted and that has a plug-in lamp base. It does not include a GU-24 socket.
Energy efficiency report requirements
- name of product
- brand name
- model number
- name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package
Ceiling fans with integrated lighting
- type of sockets for the integrated lighting
- total power, expressed in watts, for the integrated lighting
Ceiling fan light kits
- socket type
- total power, expressed in watts
Download the energy efficiency reporting template.
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: