Energy Efficiency Regulations
A household ceiling fan that has integrated lighting.
Ceiling fan light kit
Equipment that is designed to be attached to a ceiling fan for the purpose of providing light.
Manufactured on or after January 1, 2010
CSA C22.2 No. 250.0-08
|Energy-using product||Total power|
|Manufactured on or after January 1, 2010|
|Ceiling fans with integrated lights that have total electrical power > 10 W for the lighting and at least one socket that is not pin-based*||≤190 W for the integrated lighting|
|Ceiling fan light kits with at least one socket that is not pin-based*||≤190 W|
|W = watts|
* “pin-based socket” means one that is designed to hold a fluorescent lamp that is not integrally ballasted and that has a plug-in lamp base. It does not include a GU-24 socket.
Energy Efficiency Report Requirements
- product name (ceiling fan or ceiling fan light kit);
- brand name;
- model number;
- the name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package;
Ceiling fans with integrated lighting
- type of sockets for the integrated lighting;
- total power, expressed in watts, for the integrated lighting.
Ceiling fan light kits
- socket type;
- total power, expressed in watts.
Download the energy efficiency reporting template.
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: