Energy Efficiency Regulations
Self-contained, automatically controlled, vented, gas-burning appliance described in CSA P.11 that distributes warmed air without the use of ducts.
August 8, 2008
Energy efficiency standard
Thermal efficiency ≥ 80% at the maximum heat input nominal capacity and must be equipped with
- an intermittent ignition device
- a power-vented system,
- an automatic vent damper or
- an automatic flue damper.
Requirements for the energy efficiency report prior to import, as listed in Schedule IV of the Regulations
- type of product (gas-fired unit heaters)
- brand name
- model number
- name of the organization or province that carried out the gas-fired unit heaters verification and authorized the verification mark that will be affixed to the product
- fuel the product uses: propane or natural gas
- type of ignition system the product uses
- type of venting the product uses: power-vented system, automatic vent damper or automatic flue damper
- maximum heat input and output nominal capacities in kW
- thermal efficiency when at its maximum heat input nominal capacity
- electricity consumption in kWh when at its maximum heat input nominal capacity and
if the product is a modulating or staged control gas-fired unit heater:
- reduced heat input and output nominal capacities in kW, and
- electricity consumption in kWh when at its reduced heat input nominal capacity.
- Date Modified: