Protecting the environment and growing the economy go hand in hand. Taking action on climate change means doing our part to reduce emissions and increase climate resilience, but it will also help Canada to diversify our economy and generate well-paying jobs.
NRCan is helping Canada to lead the way in energy efficiency in the fields of housing, building, communities, industry, and transportation.
We are working to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions by informing Canadians, businesses and governments about fuel-efficient vehicles and driving behaviours.
As part of this global initiative, Canada will double investments in clean energy innovation and encourage more private-sector investment in clean energy technologies.
ENERGY STAR™ is helping Canadians save money on energy bills, increasing the competitiveness of our commercial and institutional sector, and helping us fight climate change.
Climate is a major influencing factor on forests, and forests in turn influence climate. Learn about the Canadian Forestry Service’s research and programs on climate change.
Effects of climate change are already being felt. Learn how we are working to plan for and reduce the negative impacts of climate change, and to take advantage of new opportunities presented.
NRCan’s science programs generate evidence-based knowledge and assessments to help inform the Government’s programs, policies and actions.
Read about how Canmet MINING is working to improve energy and water efficiency, developing new waste management technologies, and reducing emissions in Canadian mines.
- Visit the Budget 2016 site to read about the Government’s $1-billion commitment to support clean technology.
- Visit climatechange.gc.ca to find out how we’re creating a cleaner, more innovative economy by takingaction on climate change.
- Canada and 194 other countries have reached an ambitious and balanced agreement to fight climate change.
- Learn more from our Climate Change Resources
- Investing in Renewable Natural Gas
- Alberta Carbon Conversion Technology Centre