BRACE addresses a critical barrier to climate change adaptation action in Canada: knowledge and tools exist but the capacity to use them is limited.
Building up adaptation expertise and capacity within and across Canada’s diverse regions, in targeted areas, is vital to increase adaptation action and resilience to climate change.
The Building Regional Adaptation Capacity and Expertise (BRACE) Program works directly with the provinces to increase adaptation uptake and advance related activities. This is achieved by delivering projects such as training, internships and knowledge exchange activities.
The BRACE Program takes a customized regional approach to address the unique needs of each province. BRACE encourages thematic and regional collaboration focused on areas like green infrastructure, professional training and natural resource sector climate resilience.
Led by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), BRACE is an $18 million strategic investment under the Adaptation and Climate Resilience pillar of the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change (PCF).
NRCan is working in direct partnership with provinces to identify capacity building priority areas for regional BRACE programming and to develop projects. Watch for BRACE project announcements starting in 2019.
- Explore other initiatives through the Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation landing page
- Find out all about Canada’s Climate Change Adaptation Platform
- Follow the National Assessment: Canada in a Changing Climate: Advancing Our Knowledge for Action
- Learn about other Regional Initiatives (Regional Adaptation Collaboratives)
- Explore Climate Change Publications
- Contact Canada’s Climate Change Adaptation Platform Secretariat
- Date Modified: