Canada's Marine Coasts in a Changing Climate assesses climate change sensitivity, risks and adaptation along Canada's marine coasts. The report includes overviews of regional climate change impacts, risks and opportunities along Canada's three marine coasts, case studies demonstrating action, and discussion of adaptation approaches. Led by Natural Resources Canada, the development of this report involved over 60 authors and 70 expert reviewers, and synthesized over 1300 recent publications.
The web-accessible report is available below in its full version and by chapter.
For media inquiries, please contact NRCan Media Relations.
- Full Report (PDF, 22.1 MB)
- Synthesis (PDF, 610 KB) D.S. Lemmen and F.J. Warren
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF, 654 KB) D.S. Lemmen, F.J. Warren and C.S.L. Mercer Clarke
- Chapter 2: Dynamic Coasts in a Changing Climate (PDF, 4.16 MB) D.E. Atkinson, D.L. Forbes and T.S. James
- Chapter 3: The Coastal Challenge (PDF, 7.82 MB) C.S.L. Mercer Clarke, P. Manuel and F.J. Warren
- Chapter 4: Perspectives on Canada’s East Coast Region (PDF, 3.07 MB) J.-P. Savard, D. van Proosdij and S. O’Carroll
- Chapter 5: Perspectives on Canada’s North Coast Region (PDF, 4.03 MB) J.D. Ford, T. Bell and N.J. Couture
- Chapter 6: Perspectives on Canada’s West Coast Region (PDF, 4.11 MB) N. Vadeboncoeur
- Chapter 7: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 843 KB) (ed.) F.J. Warren and D.S. Lemmen
- Date Modified: