Natural Resources Canada seeks to enhance the responsible development and use of Canada’s natural resources and the competitiveness of Canada’s natural resources products.
Planning a trip this summer? Check out our interactive map to find an EV charging station along the way.
Marine geoscientist Calvin Campbell joins us to talk about the importance of a specific underwater landslide that caused a massive tsunami in Newfoundland back in 1929. Calvin is part of a team studying this historical landslide, and shares with us recent findings that changed our perception of the event.
- Buying and travelling with fuel efficient vehicles
- Learn about Canada's forests
- Download and use maps of Canada
- Market prices for crude oil and other fuels
- Satellite imagery and air photos
- Get your Non-Destructive Testing certification
- Origins of Canada’s Geographical Names
- Trans Mountain Expansion Project
Services and information
Energy efficiency information, funding programs, regulations and energy use data for homes, transportation, alternative fuels, buildings, industry, and products.
Boreal forest, forest industry, forest fires, insects and forest disturbances, sustainable forest management.
Wind, solar, thermal, hydro, marine, and bioenergy; development, research, and technology.
Search for recent and past earthquake data, products, research and earthquake zones in Canada.
Find funding, grants and incentive programs to encourage research, development and demonstration in Canada.
Canada’s climate change assessments, programs, initiatives, products and adaptation measures.
Short term and long term space weather forecasts, geomagnetic and geoelectric fields, effects on technology.
Sustainable mineral development, markets, exploration, innovation, taxation, Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan.
What we are doing
- Manitoba-Minnesota Transmission Project
- Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan
- Canada in a Changing Climate