NOTE: As of October 1, 2013, the dates for CIPEC Leader registration, for completing nominated projects and receiving awards nominations have been updated, as indicated below.
Who Can Apply?
To be considered for an award, facilities or companies must be registered with Natural Resources Canada as a CIPEC Leader. Future Leaders Award nominees must be energy-related practitioners who are either enrolled in an academic institution or recently graduated (up to 5 years), and who have completed research or a project pertaining to energy efficiency in the industrial sector.
What Types of Projects Qualify?
All projects nominated for the 2013 CIPEC Leadership Awards must have been completed between June 1, 2011 and March 3, 2014 (new date).
Awards will be given for significant industrial energy efficiency achievements that fall into one of the following six categories:
- Corporate Stewardship Award - recognizes companies that promote energy efficiency at the corporate level, such as the creation and engagement of an energy management team, the development of a corporate energy management plan or policy, or the implementation of a formalized management system.
- Process and Technology Improvement Award - recognizes companies that reduce energy intensity in an industrial process by improving procedures and equipment such as refrigeration or compressed air systems.
- Energy Performance Management Award - recognizes companies that enhance their monitoring of, measuring of, and reporting on facility or company-wide energy consumption and improve energy performance.
- Employee Awareness and Training Award - recognizes companies that raise employee awareness and understanding of energy efficiency and promote best practices through knowledge exchange.
- Integrated Energy Efficiency Strategy Award - recognizes companies that improve energy efficiency at a facility or company-wide level through a range of initiatives as a result of an integrated strategy.
- Future Leaders Award - recognizes individuals who are studying or have recently graduated and have completed a leading-edge research project or an applied initiative that advances industrial energy efficiency in Canada.
OEE will select winners by evaluating nominated projects against a clear set of criteria, including:
- Energy performance,
- Potential for broad application,
- Environmental contribution
When to Apply?
All entries must be received by March 3, 2014 (new date). Nominees must be registered as a CIPEC Leader.
- Date Modified: