Eligible applicants include:
- Canadian for-profit organizations;
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations;
- Canadian industry associations;
- Canadian research organizations;
- Canadian universities.
In order to be eligible for funding, a project must:
- take place in Canada;
- address Canadian stakeholders' questions regarding renewable diesel use; and
- include multi-stakeholder steering and technical committees in the development, implementation and reporting stages of the project.
Applicants must also demonstrate that:
- proposed work builds upon existing experience/knowledge;
- stakeholders will have access to the data produced from the project;
- recognized, standardized and scientifically sound methods/methodologies will be used under the direction of appropriately qualified technical professionals;
- fuels used conform to the most recent industry-wide quality specifications;
- results will be communicated in a scientifically sound manner; and
- the project can be completed by June, 2010.