Economic Action Plan 2014 proposes to provide $90.4 million over four years starting in 2014–15 to continue to support the Investments in Forest Industry Transformation program.
Canada’s forestry sector directly employs over 200,000 workers in all regions of the country, including in 200 communities that rely on the sector for at least 50 per cent of their economic base. First established in Budget 2010, the Investments in Forest Industry Transformation (IFIT) program has been successful in enabling Canadian forestry companies to lead the world in demonstrating the viability of innovative technologies that improve efficiency, reduce environmental impacts, and create high-value products from Canada’s world-class forest resources.
- Generating Bioenergy from Pulp Mill Waste
- Extracting Bio-methanol for Mill Operations
- Biocomposites for Lightweight Vehicles
- Scanning Technology Aids Forest Productivity
- Meeting Industrial Energy Needs with Wood
- Date Modified: