Renewing Your NRCan Photo ID for Certified EDO
Once issued, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body (NDTCB) photo ID cards are valid for six years. Shortly before your ID card expiry date, you need to renew your identification.
If you hold valid certification with the NRCan NDTCB as an X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Analyzer Operator or in one or more Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods, you should have a valid NRCan NDTCB photo ID card for those certifications. In this case, you will not be required to renew your NRCan NDTCB photo ID card for EDO certification, as your NRCan NDTCB certification photo ID card will be sufficient proof of ID.
Application form and fees
To apply for renewal of your NRCan NDTCB photo ID card, complete the application form and return it with two (2) passport photographs and the $120 renewal fee.
Instructions for completing the photo identification renewal application form
Part 1: Photo verification
This section is to be completed and signed by a witness. The witness could be your supervisor, a bank employee, doctor or other professional person.
Part 2: Payment type
Identify your payment as a cheque, money order, or credit card (MasterCard or Visa) payment. Personal cheques are not accepted. If paying by credit card, print your name, card number, amount and expiry date. Money orders should be made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
Passport photo instructions
The two passport photographs must:
- measure 5 cm wide X 7 cm high (2 inches wide X 2-3/4 inches high)
- be taken by a commercial photographer and be professionally printed on photographic paper
- be clear, sharp, in focus, and in full colour
- be taken straight on with the face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera
- reflect your current appearance (taken within the last twelve (12) months)
- show your complete name, as well as the name and complete address of the photo studio and the date the photo was taken on the back of one photo
- be submitted, via mail or courier
Self-taken and/or self-printed photographs and non-passport photographs will not be accepted. We may request additional photographs at any time if we deem previously submitted photographs unacceptable.
Mail your application to:
NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
CANMET Materials Technology Laboratory
Natural Resources Canada
183 Longwood Road South, 1st Floor
Hamilton, ON L8P 0A5
Tel.: 905-645-0653 / 1-866-858-0473
Email the NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
- Date modified: