The NRCan NDTCB has implemented a user fees update to existing fees; this update came into effect on July 1st, 2017. Additional new services and fees will be introduced at a later date. Application and fee submissions to the NRCan NDTCB that are postmarked, emailed or faxed after June 30th, 2017 are subject to the new fee schedule.
The NRCan NDTCB has transitioned to a new certification photo ID card design and format as of April 26, 2017. All cards issued after May 12, 2017 will utilize the new design and format. Both the new and old card versions are valid unless the card has expired.
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) manages the Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body (NDTCB), which is the national program that certifies personnel who perform non-destructive testing (NDT).
The NDTCB is committed to:
- Protecting Canadians and Canada’s natural resources through its certification programs.
- Providing certification to the appropriate Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) standard (CAN/CGSB-48.9712-2014, Qualification and Certification of Non-Destructive Testing Personnel).
- Developing and implementing programs to certify people who inspect the metals and materials in the components and structures used in Canada’s natural resources industries.
The NDTCB certification program also aims to continually improve and maintain reliability, security and safety with regards to how industries use metals and materials across Canada. We are committed to quality, and have achieved certification for our quality management system to the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Understands the importance of impartiality and takes it seriously.
- Has processes to manage potential conflicts of interest and ensure all certification activities are objective.
- Is solely responsible for, retains authority for, and does not delegate its decisions relating to certification, including the granting, maintaining, recertification, expansion and reduction of scope, suspension, or withdrawal of certifications.
Learn what you need to apply for initial NDT certification
Read detailed information about how non-destructive testing certification works, including application procedures, examinations, training requirements and more.
Apply for NDT certification
Initiate your CGSB certification by completing the required forms and understanding the associated fees.
Manage your NDT certification
Apply for certification renewal, recertification or certification revalidation.
- Date Modified: